- RSS Channel Showcase 2588948
- RSS Channel Showcase 6191086
- RSS Channel Showcase 3047984
- RSS Channel Showcase 4060634
Articles on this Page
- 10/09/14--06:05: _Acid Oceans Could D...
- 04/27/15--09:12: _Grenada Braces for ...
- 06/08/15--05:50: _Fishing and Farming...
- 12/26/12--08:04: _India Scores Low on...
- 12/26/12--08:06: _Sierra Leone’s Wate...
- 11/03/14--05:14: _Inside Pakistan’s U...
- 02/21/17--18:00: _Shrinking and Darke...
- 10/09/14--06:05: Acid Oceans Could Deal Heavy Blow to Fishing-Dependant Nations
- 04/27/15--09:12: Grenada Braces for Impacts of Climate Change
- 06/08/15--05:50: Fishing and Farming in Gaza is a Deadly Business
- 12/26/12--08:04: India Scores Low on Environmental Sustainability
- 12/26/12--08:06: Sierra Leone’s Waters of Life
- 11/03/14--05:14: Inside Pakistan’s Untapped Fishing Industry
- 02/21/17--18:00: Shrinking and Darkening, the Plight of Kashmir’s Dying Lakes
Scientists here are warning Caribbean countries, where the fisheries sector is an important source of livelihoods and sustenance, that they should pay close attention to a new international report released Wednesday on ocean acidification. The report, published by the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), coincides with the 12th meeting of the Conference […]
Henry Prince has lived in this fishing village for more than six decades. Prince, 67, who depends on the sea for his livelihood, said he has been catching fewer and fewer fish, and the decrease is taking a financial toll on him and other fisher folk throughout the island nation of Grenada. I heard about […]
Three Palestinian fishermen were injured last week after Israeli naval forces opened fire on fishing boats off the coast of al-Sudaniyya in the northern Gaza Strip, bringing to 15 the number of farmers and fishermen shot and injured by Israeli security forces recently as they attempted to earn a living. The Israeli navy limits Gaza’s […]
Of the eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) -development targets agreed upon by the international community, whose 2015 deadline is approaching fast – MDG 7 has proven a particular challenge, especially for sprawling, populous countries like India. With the ambitious aim of improving both natural ecosystems and human environments, MDG 7 comprises numerous targets, from halving […]
A coastal city, Sierra Leone’s capital, Freetown, is an area where people have relied on the ocean for food and employment for as long as they have lived there. Despite the increasing threat of overfishing and depleted reserves, the waters remain relatively rich, and the source of income for tens of thousands. Large fish such as barracuda […]
If you want to know what ‘sea traffic’ looks like, just go down to the Karachi Harbour. Built in 1959, the dockyard houses close to 2,000 big and small boats anchored in the grey sludge at the edge of Pakistan’s southern port city, which opens into the Arabian Sea. Life on the jetty, an all-male […]
Mudasir Ahmad says that two decades ago, his father made a prophecy that the lake would vanish after the fish in its waters started dying. Three years ago, he found dead fish floating on the surface, making him worried about its fate. Like his father, Ahmad, 27, is a boatman on Kashmir’s famed Nigeen Lake, […]
The post Shrinking and Darkening, the Plight of Kashmir’s Dying Lakes appeared first on Inter Press Service.